Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing 6

I worked with Google Reader tonight. It was a little confusing to me. I accidentally clicked on a tab and now I have about 10 sites that Reader will automatically monitor for me. I don't have any idea about any of those sites. One of them was two guys having a conversation about meeting girls--whatever. I couldn't figure out how to delete those sites. I added one: The New York Times.

The thing about Google Reader is that I really don't have a lot of sites that I look at religiously. I do like the NYT site but I am updated by email at work throughout the day. Also, during the school year I don't come home and get on the Internet to look at stuff. I don't have time for it. If I did have four or five things I wanted to look at daily then Google Reader would be an excellent way to stay on top of everything.

This whole process is really interesting to me. It's opening my eyes to how much people stay on their computers! I would rather be reading a book than on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment