Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing 8

I created a Facebook page against my better judgement. I have been pressured by friends to do this forever. I can't say I feel great or excited about it. Just like it said on the 23 Things site, I feel very transparent. My reply to friends that have encouraged me to get a Facebook account has been, "I talk to all the people I want to talk to." I don't have a need to connect with people who I don't see anymore. I don't want to sound snobby or ugly but that is really the way I feel!

I did use an email address that I have. But since I have never shared it with people it didn't generate any friends. I think I might skip the next step. Either that or just contact one friend that I know so I can go through the process of setting up a friend. I don't know. I am going to think about it longer.

I read where 23 Things encourages people to possibly ask for Facebook to be unblocked at work. I think that is a TERRIBLE idea. Really. I work in a school. Children need to be the focus in our building. My husband works for a corporation. He needs to be focusing on his work and not distracted by an online social network. I think that would be dangerous. So, the only option is to do it at home or using a smart phone. I don't have time for it. I want to be with my family when I get home. Not on the computer. It's all so snoopy to me. It seems like bragging and snooping to me. That's probably a pretty conservative outlook of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment